In the old business world, when you had a small business, you usually end up losing clients to big corporations and multi-million dollar establishments because of their sheer market presence. But in this modern age with technology and the internet, a small business can effectively compete with large multi-million dollar businesses successfully. The trick is really market presence and reputation.
In the past, advertisement and marketing was done via offline media including radio, TV, Flyers, and Magazines etc. You needed to spend millions or even billions to become a reputable brand. In the modern world, marketing and reputation is created online via Social Media, Websites, Blogs and other form of digital content. This is a HUGE change because marketing can now be done effectively without the need to spend millions like in the past.
With the use of the internet, you can easily spread the word about your brand or reputation. A single email can be sent to thousands of recipients in one click. A single comment can be read by thousands of internet users. A single question can be answered differently by different people from across the globe that you may or may not know online. A single Social Media post or tweet can be shared by thousands of people almost instantly. And a single video can be consumed, by a billion people as was the case of the recent Gangnam Style video by the Korean rapper, PSY. That is how fast everything is nowadays. And most of these things are free or very affordable. You cannot stay behind while these things are happening. You have to jump onboard and enjoy the ride, too.
Cool Mojito – Social Media Marketing. More Likes, More Leads, More Sales
With new technology your business can look big online. Here are some things that you can do to help with this.
- Create a website – You can use a free site for this or pay a developer. Google around and you will find a lot of willing vendors for this.
- Get endorsements – People will feel more comfortable doing business with you if they see others have said good things about you. Just ask your customers what they think about you and they will be happy to tell you in most cases and normally do not mind being quoted for your website.
- Write some blogs. People will most likely search online to learn more about you. Blogs are a great way to share your idea about your business, services, and products and is also a great way to get traffic for your site. WordPress.com is good for this.
- Create a business page on Facebook. This allows you to start a conversation with the public and your customers. We recommend using CoolMojito.com for this
- Create a page on LinkedIn and Twitter as well to keep the conversation going.
The more information you have posted online, and with a quality looking website, and endorsements by others that have used your product the more you will look like a BIG company. As your potential customer google around to find more about you they will be impressed by your positive online presence and will have a greater interest in learning more about you and possibly doing business with you.
rSitez – Create your own Social Networking Website
Rohan Hall is the author of Stop Working, a book that teaches entrepreneurs how to build global businesses with technology and strategic partnerships. He is the Founder/CEO of CoolMojito which focus of Social Media Marketing; and the Founder or rSitez, used by entrepreneurs to start their own social networking websites.