Social Media Marketing is a process of attracting website traffic and attention with the help of social media websites. Social Media sites are an important platform for establishing social, business networks and they also involve exchange of knowledge and ideas. In it a communal directive spreads from user to user and apparently reverberates as it comes from a credible, third party source, instead from the company or brand directly.
Types of Social Media
- Wikis (e.g. Wikipedia)
- Social Networking (e.g. Facebook, Twitter).
- Collaborative Tools (e.g. Google).
- Business networking (e.g. Linked In) .
- Blogs (e.g. Boing Boing) .
- Video Sharing (e.g. YouTube).
- Social Bookmarking (e.g. Reddit).
- Photo Sharing (e.g. Flicker).
Why People Use Social Media To Market Their Business?
- With Social Media you can reach more people in a reasonable way, without spending your money in advertising fees.
- With the help of Blogs and other Social Media sites you can increase traffic to your website or blog from other social media websites.
- By using social media you can build plausibility by engaging yourself in relevant blogs or forums.
- As Social Media sites do contain complete information of the users which you may use to target specific users for advertisement purposes.
How to use Social Media sites effectively to enlarge your business?
- With the help of social media sites do not try to sell out your products, rather try to inform, educate your audience and deliver important and trusted information of your products, which will build your reputation.
- Whatever Social media platform you have, a website or a blog you have to put compelling and excellent content in it.
- Take active participation in commenting and answering on relevant blogs and must leave your name and URL of your blog or site.
In recent days, social media has become the most popular and easy to access platform for anyone around the world just having internet access. Social media has increased communication ways for organizations and companies to promote their brand knowledge, awareness and also resulted in improved customer services. Lastly, Social Media is a cheaper source for implementing business and marketing campaigns and has become the most reliable and widely used platform for small businesses and organizations.
Cool Mojito – Social Media Marketing. More Likes, More Leads, More Sales
rSitez – Create your own Social Network
Rohan Hall is the author of Stop Working, a book that teaches entrepreneurs how to build global businesses with technology and strategic partnerships. He is the Founder/CEO of CoolMojito which focus of Social Media Marketing; and the Founder or rSitez, used by entrepreneurs to start their own social networking websites.